You Have a Right to Minimum Wage and Overtime
Contact the California State Labor Commissioner at (213) 620-6330.
You Have a Right to a Safe Work Environment, Safety Training and Information
Contact the local office of Cal OSHA (State of California Department of Industrial Relations, Occupational Safety & Health Administration).
You Have a Right to Worker's Compensation and Paid Medical Care if Injured on the Job
Request a copy of Teamsters Local 63 Workers Compensation Handbook or contact the State of California, Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Industrial Accidents at (800) 736-7401.
You May Have a Right to Disability Benefits if Unable to Work for up to One Year Due to Illness or Pregnancy
Contact the State of California Employment Development Department (EDD) in your area.
You May Have a Right to Unemployment Insurance Benefits if You Lose Your Job
For Disability Benefits and Unemployment Insurance, contact the local office of the State of California Employment Development Department (EDD).
Your Union, Your Meetings, Your Future
Teamsters Local 63
REGULAR COMMUNICATION: THE KEY TO STRENGTH AND HARMONY
BY ATTENDING MEETINGS...
· You feel connected
· You stay up to date
· You support your Union leaders
· You support your fellow members
· You have a voice
· You are helping to shape tomorrow
WHERE: Local 63 Union hall
Sometimes special meetings are called with members who work under different contracts. It's very important to attend these meetings. By being there, you have a say in what goes into your labor agreement.
Union Rights and Responsibilities
A Two-Way Street
By joining together and getting involved, members enjoy many rights and protections. They also share Union responsibilities
THE UNION FIGHTS FOR YOUR RIGHTS
· You have rights and protections
· You are never alone on the job
· The Union is always right behind you
· Read Your Contract
As a union member, you are protected against:
· Mistreatment in the workplace
· Harassment, discrimination or favoritism
· Being fired without cause
· Being underpaid
YOUR SUPPORT AND INVOLVEMENT HELP KEEP THE UNION STRONG
In order to keep the union strong, members need to:
· Support your Union Teamsters Local 63
· Know your responsibilities (Read your Membership Guide and ByLaws)
· Attend meetings
· Be active and get involved
Visit the IBT Organizing Page at:
How You Can Be Involved!
ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL
The Union is built on strength in numbers. You can help keep Local 63 strong by getting involved.
GET INVOLVED! YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Getting involved is like money in the bank. When we stick together, Local 63 has more power and more of a voice. So we can be there when you need us.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE YOUR MEMBERSHIP WORK FOR YOU:
· Read Your Contract, know your rights
· Stay informed
· Register and Vote
· Have a voice
· Take an active part in elections
· Contribute to DRIVE, the Teamsters political action fund
HOW YOU CAN WORK FOR THE MEMBERSHIP:
· Support fair treatment of your co-workers
· Back up your Union leaders
· Talk to your Union about ideas and suggestions for Your Contract
· Contact community groups for support on Contract issues
· Support campaigns to win better contracts
· Support other Unions
· Join lobbying efforts
· Get involved in organizing efforts
· Attend meetings